Gender-sensitive prevention research in medicine
Our research focuses on interventions to promote healthy behaviors. We investigate how such interventions can be designed in a gender and diversity sensitive way. For this purpose, our interdisciplinary research team brings in expertise from different fields, especially from psychology, medicine and nursing science.
You are here:
Research at GiM is divided into five areas.
- Within the research area Gender and Diversity, we investigate gender- and diversity-sensitive pathways to good scientific practice and health care.
- The research area Prevention takes a look at the dynamics of health behaviour in individuals and couples, with a focus on gender-sensitive prevention.
- The research area Psycho-oncology and Health-Related Quality of Life examines psychosocial factors and preventive measures in the context of oncological diseases.
- The research area Cardiovascular Diseases examines gender differences in the development and therapies of cardiovascular diseases.
- The research area Method Development involves methods of analysis in intensive longitudinal designs for individuals and couples and the representation of variability.